2019 Improvements Made @ Barlowe Field
- Installed waste receptacles
- Restored and improve drainage around park
- Managed encroaching wooded area
- Cleaned up garden boxes and planted pansies
- Trash clean up
- Installed Drainage pipe
- Paint striped the parking lot
- Paint striped the basketball court
- Cleaned up and planted Fall mums in all flower beds
- Repainted the Village of Olde Mill signs on Old Mill Rd and Barlowe Field sign on Chalet Dr.
- Replaced some woodwork, painted, and organized the snack shack
- Installed playground balance beams
Please "contact us" if you'd like to volunteer in any way.
2018 Improvements Made @ Barlowe Field
The Friends Of Olde Mill (FOOM) have been busy making plans, improvements and hosting events to better our community. This past Spring 2018, we have:
Installed 4 new benches
Installed sandpit under pergola
Replaced boards on pergola
Replaced the broken volleyball posts and net
Replaced the Swings' Hardware
Removed the two dying bushes by the Barlowe Field parking lot entry
Bought and installed a new Evergreen Tree
Playscape Build Day:
Please bring your shovels, gloves and wheelbarrows.
Many thanks to all who volunteered to make our spring build days productive and fun! We hung a new vollyball net, installed the sandpit under pergola, replaced boards on the pergola, fixed the broken swing and reinforced the loose handholds on the climbing wall. Check out the "photos" of the day.
If you can lend a hand, let us know click "contact us."
How do we make these events a success? Our volunteers! Our group is comprised of ALL volunteers!
We are always looking for more help. If you can help out in ANY way, big or small, please click on "Contact Us"!
We need help:
- Brainstorming what events to hold
- Planning the events and networking with local businesses
- Getting the word out by delivering flyers or sharing posts on Facebook
- Researching grant opportunities and writing up those grants and applications
- Helping out at events like Family Fun Day (standing at a station, collecting tickets, selling food, helping to set up tents, helping to clean up, etc.)
- Donating prizes, baking cookies and lending a hand for our Quarter Auction